Friday 6 November 2009


The full moon made for a nice shot of my city.

West Charlotte, just a few miles from Downtown. Thats my side of town,where I was raised. We were a poor white family back in the 70's. The thing is. Back then as a kid, you never would have known the difference. Everyone around my neighborhood lived just like us and it was blissful. I had a chance to drive back to my old hood yesterday. I wanted to show my kid where her PoPPa was from. That place looks beat up . I would have never driven through here at night. My old house has seen better days. The 3 pines that stood tall in the middle of the yard like they were om an island have long been gone. The cedar tree at the left front of the yard was missing too. The dogwood next to the house where I first learned to climb was gone. All of the shrubs along the front,under my bed room windows have been pulled out. My Granny's side fence has now become a place to hang your wet clothing from. The GRASS HILL, where I spent thousands of kid hours playing Star Wars and riding my bike down, now on had a fence on it. The first time I was bitten by a dog, I was rolling down that hill. The apple, cherry and pear trees in the back yard were gone. These three trees were at least 20 years old when I was 8. I have never seen those kinds of trees that size since. It makes me wonder,WHAT kind of people would destroy all the life that yard had to offer?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Charlotte,NC, North Carolina, United States
I'm a PoPPa and my Wife's best play date. A Bike Rider & Skate Boarder, Dics Golf player & Motorcycle Rider. Yes, I do all of my own stunts